Before you use any mixture of cinnamon and honey for weight loss, consult your doctor to ensure that this method of weight loss will not interfere with individual conditions and medicines.
The recipe for this alleged miraculous weight loss aid is simple. You can make it in minutes and store it in the refrigerator for one day, or until needed. Mix up a batch each morning before breakfast.
Try using different types and flavors of local honey and different varieties of cinnamon until you get the results you desire or to change the flavor and palatability of the drink. Raw honey may have more potent health benefits, but can also be contraindicated for certain health conditions – consult your doctor before using raw honey.
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 cup of water
- Combine the cinnamon and honey with the water in a small saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Filter the liquid into a cup and divide into two half-cup quantities.
- Consume one half an hour before breakfast and the second half an hour before going to sleep at night.
Weight Loss Helpful Tips
Keep these helpful tips in mind:
- Some proponents recommend adding raw honey after the water has boiled to retain nutrients and thus the benefits.
- By following this regimen, it is suggested a dieter may lose three to five pounds a week changing nothing else within their diet, but those results are anecdotal. Differences in results may be due to many factors, such as the type of cinnamon used, your activity level, pre-existing health conditions, and your overall diet.
- There are three types of cinnamon commonly available: Ceylon cinnamon, Korintje cinnamon, and cassia cinnamon. Ceylon cinnamon is a milder form and safer to use long-term than other types, according to a Wall Street Journal report, although cassia is more likely to be what’s in your pantry. Korintje cinnamon is used often by commercial bakeries due to its potency. All types of cinnamon may be used with honey, but it’s unclear which is most effective for weight loss. Most studies on cinnamon’s health benefits used Ceylon cinnamon.
- According to WebMD, cassia may interact with diabetes medications. It may increase your risk of liver damage when taken with medications that can harm the liver such as Tylenol and Diflucan. In addition, cassia may cause toxic side effects when used in high doses for long periods.